5 Tips for Summer Car Air Conditioner Use
by Jamie Ruf
One look at the forecast for Brisbane and it’s clear to see that things are heating up, and it’s time for us to start using our vehicle air conditioners. A vehicle air conditioner is a great feature that will help provide a comfortable ride, but it’s also something that most people don’t give much thought to until there is a problem with it. In other words, we tend to take our car’s air conditioner for granted.
There are things we can do to increase the life span of our vehicle air conditioner. Here are 5 tips for summer car air conditioner use that can help you do just that:
- Get routine maintenance. Having your vehicle air conditioner routinely professionally maintained and inspected will keep it working great for the long haul. This is the best way to ensure that it will be working for you when you need it on those hot summer days.
- Aim for the shade. While this won’t help prolong the life of your air conditioner, it will help you keep the vehicle more comfortable during the summer. Try to find a shady spot to park in, so that when you get in your air conditioner doesn’t have to work as hard to bring the inside temperature down to a comfortable place.
- Use the recirculation mode. Once you start cooling off your vehicle, use the mode for recirculated air, so that it helps to cool the car down faster. As the air cools inside the vehicle, it makes it easier for the unit to cool all of the air down faster.
- Don’t feel guilty about using it. Many people question whether or not it’s okay to use their vehicle air conditioner. Avoid the fears that are largely based on myths, and make your vehicle comfortable. The amount of additional gas your vehicle may use when you use the air conditioner is negligible, and not enough to avoid using it.
- Call right away for problems. If you feel there is a problem with the air conditioner, get it serviced right away. Waiting to call for service can lead to there being more problems created, or you may find you are in a rush of people making service calls. Call early so you can beat the summer crowds and keep being comfortable all season.
Let’s not take our air conditioners for granted this summer, especially when the days we need them the most are just around the corner. Keep these tips in mind and you will be getting the most out of your air conditioner and staying cool on even the hottest days. At Keepin’ Cool, we help people throughout the Brisbane area with all of their air conditioner needs, including repairs and maintenance. Our mobile unit works efficiently get you back on the road and keeping cool!